Monday, February 8, 2010

Girly girl.

People frequently mistake babies to be the opposite gender. No one has done this for my child. Why? Could it be her girly face with the long eyelashes? Could it be the pink outfits she's always wearing? My best guess = headbands. Brooke has a headband on her head most of the time. Partly because I think they're adorable and she looks like a little princess in them. But mostly because I can't bear the thought of someone mistaking my Big Mama (my newest nickname for her - I'm fully aware of how random I am...) for a boy. She's 100% girl and will dress like a girly girl (whether she likes it or not) until she's old enough to dress herself...at like age 18.

All of this brings me to her Jordan outfit. Her uncles gave her this before she was even born, when everyone still held out hope that we'd have a boy. Alas, she was born a lady but still needed to dawn her little jersey-onesie to one of Daddy's basketball games. (Perhaps I should explain this further for those that don't know my husband as well. When I met him, he owned more shoes than me. Most of them were in the form of Air Jordans #'s 1-23. [I'm sure I'll get a lesson tomorrow on which ones he truly does and does not own, but I know it's many of these...] It's an obsession that I'm happy he outgrew. That's not to say we don't still have a stack of size 13's in orange boxes in the closet in our guest room...) So anyway, Brooke wore her little Jordan outfit to Daddy's game and it did look pretty cute. But I caught myself saying a million times "She looks like a boy," pretty much every time we showed her off to someone new. Apparently I have a complex about this. To remedy this, I wrapped her in a pink blanket and fought the urge to put her headband on over top of the hat.

(Oh, and can we talk about how big she is? Yowza. She looks so much bigger just this week. We're definitely over 13 lbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by