Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eight Weeks.

Eight weeks feels like a big milestone, though I'm not sure why. The Big Lady is doing so well this week! She's finally sleeping through the night most nights. (According to "the books", STTN officially means 5+ hour stretches at a time. Brooke's hit 6 and 7 hour stretches this week.) She's got herself on a pretty killer schedule, which is so funny to me as I didn't influence it a bit. It's quite nice for me, as I can now anticipate having a little time to myself to get things done. Her little digestive system wakes her up every morning; she grunts and jerks around throughout the night and then gets it all out in the morning. Poor thing. We change outfits with almost every poop now, which is causing a Great Debate in our house - is it time to move to size 3's (ridiculous for this age, right? There is such a thing as too big/loose!) or is this just what babies do (I'm leaning this way...)?

Doctor's appt on Monday for official weight/height, but we are definitely over 15 lbs now. She'll get her immunizations at this appt, so Mommy's preparing herself for heartbreak. We were brave with the last one; we'll see how this goes. I'm going to give her Tylenol before the appt so it can kick in by the time they stick her. I'm interested to hear what the pediatrician thinks of her size this time. Will we get another "Holy Smokes!" or perhaps something even more graphic?

Brooke is acting much older this week, what with all her conversations and facial expressions. She's growing up right before our weary eyes (yes, you read that right.) Two months old on Sunday :)

"Hey Bug. Tummy Time is boring. Want to have a staring contest?" "I'm going to drool through this game; it's my distraction technique."
"Ready, set, go! You don't stand a chance, Bug."
"Haha, I win! Victory is sweet. Better luck next time, Bug."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Owen was in #2 diapers for only about 10 days, we were having SO MANY poop explosions and outfit changes I moved to #3s and haven't had a huge blow out since, which has been about 2 weeks (knocking wood as I type). Try it and see if it helps - I bet it will!

    ReplyDelete

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by