Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Halfway point!

"We are going to have a baby in 4.5 months. It's going to look like us. Woah." This is a text I sent the husband a few hours after our appt yesterday. It has finally hit me, and how appropriate that it happens on our halfway point milestone!

Halfway? Really? Wow! Seems like forever ago that I excitedly started this blog on Day #1. No one knew that I was pregnant besides me and the husband and even we didn't believe it. Now, everyone knows. As of yesterday, even facebook knows. Hard to believe we've been so blessed!

There are a few new questions I've added to the survey now that we're in the "I'm really harboring a human that will soon want to come out" stage.

How far along?: 20 weeks, 0 days
Total weight gain/loss: +0 this week, +2.5 overall
How big is baby?: 12 big oz. and roughly 10 in. long from head to toe
Maternity clothes?: Still about half the time, but Mom and I made the big maternity clothes purchase this week - my 1st (and 2nd) pair of maternity jeans. I feel like you're not really in maternity clothes until you have some button-free, elastic-waisted jeans.
Sleep: We have a love/hate relationship still. No bathroom breaks last night!! Sign of good things to come?
Movement: Crazy-active child in this uterus. I've become one of those stereotypical pregnant women whose hand is always resting on her belly; I love feeling those kicks (and rolls!)
Labor signs: No, and hopefully none for a very long time.
Food cravings: A ham & cheese croissant from Au Bon Pain (random, I know.)
Gender: I'm pretty convinced it's a girl. Daddy's sure (or just hoping?) it's a boy.
Belly button in or out?: So very far in that it's hard to imagine it will ever budge. My belly looks like it has a giant crater smack-dab in the middle; this bothers me more than it should.
What I miss: Honestly? Nothing. I'm in a state of pregnant euphoria this week.
What I am looking forward to: The first few moments after delivery when it's just me, the husband, and Baby R. :)
Best moment this week: Without a doubt, seeing my gorgeous child. Though watching the husband feel his baby kick for the first time is a very close second!
Weekly Wisdom: People that have had children love to tell a pregnant woman "Oh, just wait!" when they hear about your pregnancy symptoms. Statements like "This baby's kicking me hard" or "I'm so uncomfortable when I sleep" or "I'm getting so big" are almost guaranteed to solicit an "Oh, just wait!" response from any mothers (and some bold fathers) that hear them.
Milestones: 50% down, 50% to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by