Originally written on 8/10/13 at 3w6d.
It's 6:24 a.m.
Brooke woke me up crying because she had to go to the bathroom. So after rushing her to the potty & coaching her through the process, I carted her back to bed. And here I lie, 18 minutes later, wide awake. With absolutely no sign of going back to sleep. My mind is going a mile a minute & my heart is pounding in my chest. Oh but how full that heart is.
Because about 9 minutes ago I saw 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test. #3 is on his or her way.
Currently feeling...
- Blessed that He thinks we're doing a good enough job with the 1st two to give us another chance to love someone so completely.
- Like the most fertile human being alive.
- A great wave of responsibility to take even better care of myself these next several weeks to give this pregnancy a fighting chance.
- Exhausted because, let's face it, pregnancy is tiring. (Well, that & I went to bed at 1 a.m. & it's now only 6:33, so...)
- Bummed that I have to wait several weeks to tell my mom & my sister...unless they figure it out before then which is way more likely.
- Hopeful that our news will bring some much-needed joy to my family.
- Confident. Just confident. We wanted this, we prayed for this, we can do this. It's gonna be a lot of work both before & after this baby arrives, but when he or she finally debuts next spring, we will be ready.
I already am.
Hurry up, Baby. We're waiting for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment