Friday, February 17, 2012

4 generations.

Grandma Clara.

She is the essence of sweetness & kindness. With 9 kids, 26 grandkids, and (I think) 4o great-grandkids (with at least 2 more on the way), I think she would tell you she has lived a full life. She is 1/2 of the cutest couple I've ever known. She had the deepest love for her husband & theirs was a love story that anyone would long for. Just before his funeral Mass, as I approached her with tears streaming down my face as I mourned the most adorable grandfather a girl could have, she said to me, "Don't cry, we'll be okay." In what should have been her darkest hour, she was comforting us. She has an unwavering faith that, as I've always imagined, brought her peace in that moment.

She has bounced back from countless illnesses that should have taken her from us, but her strength and resilience have given us more time with her. At 96 years old, I know my children won't really have a chance to know her like I do. But I'm so thankful that they have had a chance to meet her. And with any luck, they'll get to spend even more time with her & maybe, just maybe, develop lasting memories of their great-grandma.

4 generations ~ February 2012
Brooke (2), Sarah (27), Clara (96), Joseph (5 mos.), Dan (60)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by