Some of my favorite Brooke-isms of late:
~ She loves to "get comfy" on "me couch" with a "blanquet." She has claimed our big couch as her couch; the loveseat is "Mommy's couch". Sorry Daddy and Joe, no couches for you.
~ When she's mad or frustrated or upset, her phrase of exasperation - and I'm totally not kidding about this - is the lyrics to the Baby Bumblebee song. She'll be mid-tantrum and you'll hear between cries "I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee!" This is one of the most hilarious/ridiculous things ever, and I laugh almost every time.
~ Full-blown sentences & conversations are goin' on these days. "Look Mommy! There's the moon. Up in the sky!"
~ Everything is "I need" these days. She uses it interchangeably with "I want." Most commonly it's food-related: "I need my milk" or "I need animal crackers".
~ For some reason I was floored when I heard her use the expression "soakin' wet!"
~ Disclaimer: the husband takes full responsibility for this one. One afternoon, I was holding Joe while sitting right next to Brooke's high chair, close enough that she could hear my stomach growl. Her response: "Woah, Joe's gassy."
~ "I be right back" is the phrase of the week. I've heard this, at minimum, 12 times today. The novelty of it hasn't worn off though - it still kills me every time.
~ "Sleeping Judy" is one of her favorite Disney princesses.
~ This conversation actually happened. Me: "Brooke, do you want to help me make banana muffins? What do you think we need to make them?" Her: "Flour, sugar, eggs, banas [bananas], milk..." Me: "Wow. Anything else?" Her: "Cinnamon, water, and butter." Though we didn't follow her recipe, her muffins sound pretty tasty. (Reminder: this child is not even 2 yet.)
~ The latest smile-inducing phrase she's come up with is "Good to meet ya, Mom!" She even sticks out her hand for a shake. I swear I don't know where she picks up some of these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment