Sunday, August 14, 2011

2 more, baby!

Dear Contractions,
Unless you're going to put me into full-blown labor in the next few hours, ENOUGH ALREADY!
Love,
Sarah

How far along?: 38 weeks, 0 days.
Total weight gain/loss: With only 2 weeks to go, I'm up 32 lbs. A little more than last time, but still within the "healthy" range.
Maternity clothes?: So depressing when the maternity clothes get too small. Gonna wear the same 4 things until this baby pops out, so be prepared to see the same stuff.
Sleep: It's been better the last couple weeks. Still getting up 2 or 3 times a night, but I feel rested most mornings. Hoping this lasts...
Movement: Poor thing is so cramped in there. Baby Reeder is trying to move around, but it's getting much harder!
Labor Signs: Lots of contractions. I had so many last night that I even timed them - they were coming about 6 minutes apart for a while, but then tapered off. I'm hoping like crazy that all of these contractions are moving things along and I get good news at the OB tomorrow!
Food/Cravings: I actually feel like eating healthy things again. Had lots of fruit today plus a salad for dinner. Don't worry, it won't last...there's a pint of Graeter's in my freezer.
Gender: Can't wait to find out! Hurry, baby!
New w/pregnancy #2: I'm carrying this baby so much lower than Brooke. Makes breathing so much easier.
What I miss: Standing up without wincing.
What I am looking forward to: The end of the month!
Best moment this week: Mapping out our induction plan with my OB. We have a few options based on how much progress I've made by the start of next week. It's so nice to have some tentative dates in the works!
Weekly Wisdom: Please, I beg of you, don't ask a pregnant woman if she's having twins. C'mon, people! How often is the answer to that question going to be, "Why, yes, yes I am having twins"? You have like a 3% chance of being right. And you have a 97% chance of pissing off a heavily pregnant woman who doesn't really care that you think she looks like a house. Unless you know with 100% certainty that she is, indeed, carrying multiples, just say "You look great!" and move on. Or better yet, keep your mouth shut.
Milestones: I can count the number of days I have left on 2 hands and a foot. That's pretty awesome.

Baby Reeder at 38w0d

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by