Monday, January 18, 2010

Lots of firsts!

I have a few free minutes (rare!) as the Big Lady is currently snuggling with her Daddy on the couch, so I thought I'd give an update. Miss Brooke is still doing great! She sucks away my time like you wouldn't believe; she's in a needy stage right now. She can't see very well just yet, so she gets bored (and angry) quickly. I've become a feeding machine as this girl is hungry ALL. THE. TIME. I swear, by the time we finish one feeding, she's ready to start all over again. Luckily, she's got her days and nights in line and sleeps for long stretches at night (last night she went 6 hours between feedings, then another 3 for the next one - success!)

Brooke's had so many firsts this week, we thought we'd share a few with you (yes, we document all of them...I have a very large memory card on my camera.) She made her very first trip to The Mart, a pretty big deal. Grandma's on her cruise so we didn't get to see her there - maybe next time.
She also went to her first UD basketball game. It happened to be the big Xavier game at the Cintas Center. Grandpa got us box seats again, so we had plenty of room for all of the stuff that you need when you leave the house with a baby. She clearly enjoyed the game (see below, haha); she slept through the first half and then was happily awake for the 2nd half.
And we also had our first real bath in the sink. She likes this much more than the sponge baths, I think because she stays warmer. By the way, have you ever tried to hold a squirmy child in a slippery sink? An almost-10-pounder? Not the easiest task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by