Doctor's visit number two is officially behind us! We got to hear Baby Reeder's heartbeat again, trucking away "in the 160's" this time. Still nice and strong :) It took the nurse a minute to find it (mostly we could just hear mine.) But when she finally said "...and that's the baby's heartbeat," all I could say was "That's great news." I cannot explain the relief that comes with hearing the heartbeat at 12 weeks (which I will be tomorrow!) All the scary pregnancy books make you think you'll lose your baby at any moment, until you hit 12 weeks and hear the heartbeat. Then it's like you've graduated into a class of risk-free expectant mothers, which is just as ridiculous an idea.
Anyway, all is well with both me and the little one. I've gained 1.5 lbs since our last visit, but since I was down 2 lbs at that one we're still under about 1/2 a pound (well, probably not now after that Chipotle I just had for lunch! yummm!) All of my bloodwork and lab work was good, too, so I get a (self-imposed) A+ for this visit. We'll go back in 4 weeks :)
So now the fun begins. The cat is officially going to slowly emerge from the bag. We're giving our family permission to spread the news and I plan to tell co-workers tomorrow. News travels fast in the Dale, so it's only a matter of time before everyone knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment