Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I miss sleep.


In college, seeing 3:30 a.m. on the clock usually meant one of 2 things: out partying or big test the next day. Either way, I was comforted because I knew I could take a big fat nap the next day. 3:30 a.m. and I were friends.

Well, I've started to resent my friend. That's the time I wake up each morning (still haven't figured out how I'm so consistent...) I'm up about an hour or more at that point before I fall back asleep. Then I'm up for the day by 6 (usually a few minutes before...) This whole lack of sleep thing is killing me. Is this seriously going to continue for 35 more weeks? (And yes, I know it will be worse after the baby comes.) I can't imagine it's good for this baby if I'm only getting 6 hours a night (I know, I know, "go to bed earlier" - well, I've tried. Ask the husband. It doesn't work, I still see the start of Sex & the City reruns at 11 every night...)

I can't decide if the insomnia is due to:
a. just a general pregnancy symptom on its own.
b. the CONSTANT rumblings in my stomach.
c. the billions of thoughts that are running through my head at all times, due to the fact that this is the most exciting (and scariest) thing that's ever happened to me and I can tell NO ONE (bless his heart, the husband is trying, but I've got a list of questions a mile long for my mom or my sister that he can't answer.)

I guess my mantra for my weekends will be "Sleep whenever and wherever I can, no exceptions."

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Reeder Party of Five. Powered by